Re: K+ potassium

Rod wrote:
> 120 gallon tank with what I think are fairly high nitrates
(3.0 on Lamotte's test, I think that is about 13.2ppm NO3) and
what
I think is fairly low potassium (all large-leaved species end up
getting
big holes in the older leaves).

I am adding each day 4 ml of Leaf Zone plus 4 ml of a mixture
containing
equal parts of
(1) Leaf Zone
(2) RedSea Flora Fe
(3) RedSea Flora Vit
(4) Kent Freshwater Plant
(5) KNO3 (a saturated solution from stump remover)
----------------------------------
Making it more complex than it really has to be.
---------------------------------------
Two questions.
(1) How can I measure potassium levels.  Nobody seems to have a
test kit.
__________________-
Lamott does and you don't need it. Add 1 teaspoon once a week of
K2SO4(Potash of sulfate) to your tank. Yep it's that simple.
--------------------------

(2) What potassium containing substance can I add to increase K
(potassium chloride?, potassium sulphate?) that will not be
toxic
and will not add nitrates, and what common household product
contains
it (I can't seem to find a chemists store in Houston selling
bulk
chemicals)
Go down to the local hardware store or nursey etc. Ask for Green
All brand(see above). It'll cost about 5$ for a lifetime supply.
Now your done with K+, next nutrient please:)
Regards,
Tom Barr
-------
Thanks,