RE: PH Controllers/Monitors?

     I purchased a Pinpoint ph monitor a year ago.  At first, I was very
     pleased with the ease of use.  However, it sent me into a panic the
     first time I got some very low readings from it in my discus tank.  I
     think I must have changed all the water in the tank twice before I
     realized that my monitor was giving a bad reading.  My monitor
     requires frequent calibration, at least once a month.

     If you do decide to get a monitor, I have found calibration solutions
     at my local chemical supply store in 500ml bottles for a lot cheaper
     than from any fish store.

     Trey in Tulsa