PH Controllers/Monitors?

I'm in the process of setting up a 130 gal planted aquarium.  My plans
include a Pinpoint PH Controller/Monitor to control my PH via CO2 injection.
I am getting ready to purchase the controller and I'm hearing a lot of bad
things about PH monitors in general.  Specifically, that they need to be
cleaned almost daily and that they don't hold their calibration (even
expensive models).  If you have this same setup, have you had any problems?
Am I wasting my money?