Biowheels and CO2 levels

In a previous post:

> Also I have one HOT w/2 BWs (eliminate BWs?).

If you want to preserve your CO2 and not dissipate it into the air,
ditch the biowheels.<

I have an Eclipse filter hood on one of my tanks...actually the only one
that is setup right now.  does having the biowheel seriously reduce the
amount of O2 in the water?  If I take out the biowheel, what should I put in
it's place?  Something else, or leave this space empty?  Anyone else with an
Eclipse filter hood, that has had any experience with planted tanks.

Andres M.
Tanning in Florida.