Re: Ammonia vs. nitrates

> Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 18:31:50 EST
> From: K9AUB at aol_com
> Subject: Re: Ammonia vs. nitrates
>
> > I may also assume that I needn't worry about N deficiency as long as
> >  nitrates remain at 20ppm? I am into my 4th week with TMG, still adding
> >  reduced amounts of Flourish Iron and AP Leaf Zone(K). Next challenge to
> >  see if I can eliminate FI and LZ when I start regular dosing with TMG.
>
> So long as nitrates remain above 5 ppm, you don't need to worry about N
> deficiency.  Should your nitrates drop to zero (and they very well may if
> you run a heavily planted tank that is photosynthesizing well, combined
> with a light fish load), you might want to look into supplementation with
> Yamato Green-N, a product that includes extra nitrogen along with the
> usual iron and nutrients.  So far as I know, they are the only supplement
> with nitrogen added.

Careful there, Gary. This list doesn't take kindly to self-promotion of
products, especially when the poster doesn't make clear that it's
his own product. Yamato Green-N is a good idea for the planted
aquarist. Why don't you just make an announcement of your
product line here and let people find out for themselves how good it
is?

BTW, I believe Kent Pro Plant includes a nitrogen source, and
Flourish contains amino acids which supply some nitrogen in a non-
nitrate form.

Cathy Hartland
http://www.nfis.com/~hartland/aqua/aquaria.html