A Low PH Tank

    Hello Folks,

    There was a short exchange about this recently, but I'm really interested
so I thought I'd try for more : )  Have many, or any ?, of you kept a low ph
plant tank- say around 5.5 ph or so?  How about a pretty-heavily colored
blackwater plant tank (via peat filtration) in that ph range?  I'd really
like to hear about it- anything you'd want to share would be appreciated-
general feelings, set-up details, etc.

    -what kinds of plants were you able to keep?  How did they do?

    -does mulm, fish poop, etc. breakdown?

    -at this ph range, do the organic acids in 'blackwater' from peat
filtration have a signif. oxygen demand?

    -have you kept any tetras in those conditions (bleheri rummy-noses by any
chance?)?  Did you notice any differences in them there, compared to a
neutral ph/clearwater plant tank?

    -are bacterial diseases noticeably supressed under conditions that might
otherwise lead to them?

    Thank You Very Much!

    Zach K