Re: Ammonia vs. nitrates

> I may also assume that I needn't worry about N deficiency as long as
>  nitrates remain at 20ppm? I am into my 4th week with TMG, still adding
>  reduced amounts of Flourish Iron and AP Leaf Zone(K). Next challenge to
>  see if I can eliminate FI and LZ when I start regular dosing with TMG.

So long as nitrates remain above 5 ppm, you don't need to worry about N
deficiency.  Should your nitrates drop to zero (and they very well may if you
run a heavily planted tank that is photosynthesizing well, combined with a
light fish load), you might want to look into supplementation with Yamato
Green-N, a product that includes extra nitrogen along with the usual iron and
nutrients.  So far as I know, they are the only supplement with nitrogen
added.