Re: cleaning pad

> I bought a Scotch Brite Scrub Sponge today to use on my tank and noticed
on
> the back it said "not for aquarium use!"  There is nothing to indicate
that
> it is anything but a sponge (no soap, ingredients, etc) w/a synthetic
> scratch pad.  Anyone know why it shouldn't be used?

usually, they have an antibacterial agent (everything in the kitchen does
these days!) With a planted tank, this shouldn't be *too* much of a problem,
maybe even give the plants a boost, but I've heard of unwitting fish-sitters
causing tank re-cycling using these...

Derek Johnson
djohnson1981 at yahoo_com