Temporarily moving tanks

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on temporarily moving tanks for a
re-carpeting day.

I have 3 tanks set up in the living room. A 55 gallon tank on a wooden
stand, and a 29 gallon sitting atop an iron stand, with a 20 gallon below
it. All three have to be removed temporarily in May for re-carpeting. The
installers won't touch fish tanks. All are heavily planted, with
accompanying deep gravel levels. I'd really much prefer not to go ripping
out plants to remove gravel as well as water, yet I realize the gravel
contributes significantly to the weight of the tanks. Actually, if I could
leave a few inches of water, the fish and the plants I'd be really happy,
but I realize that may not be feasible.

Any ideas? Maybe I should just have them skip that area ;-)

Sylvia