Re: ramshorns

I have a bunch of the small reddish brown kind in my
tank.  I'd say the biggest are a quarter inch.  They
don't harm plants at all.  Something stripped a stem
of Mayaca of leaves, but I don't think it was them
(probably the SAE).  I'm sure they eat algae, but how
well I cannot say.  A bunch of shrimp died, but
there's almost no algae at all.  I think the snails
may have stepped up to fill the need for algae
removal.

I don't have any experience with the large striped
variety, but I've heard that they destroy plants.  Ive
rarely seen them though.  As long as they're small and
reddish (sometimes with some spotting), they're fine.

Cavan