[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: MH lights?
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: MH lights?
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 18:09:16 -0800
- In-Reply-To: <200103202048.PAA14382 at actwin_com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> It appears that Icecap has recently? modified their metal halide ballasts
> (250 watt for Iwasaki 6500K bulb) and it no longer overdrives the bulb.
> I just picked up and read the new article Tom Barr suggested in Marine Reef
> magazine comparing the Iwasaki, Blueline and tar ballast. The Iwasaki
> appears to be more efficient but nothing was mentioned about the on-going
> problems I've heard about from both electronic ballasts. Specifically, the
> Blueline interferes with X-10 controllers and causes snow on the TV and
> Icecap flickers.
I did? Maybe another Tom? I think it must be another.