Re: Denton water

In a message dated 03/18/2001 2:57:43 AM Central Standard Time, Roger Miller
writes:

<As I recall, you had pretty much no
<measurable hardness, and sodium of 280 mg/l or so.

Correct.

<The analysis you provided for Denton's water looks fine to me. (Hmm.
<Denton... Did you ever see "Shock Treatment?")

Ummm...no. Ack.

<And the ultimate test..  How are the plants growing?

In the 10-gallon tank, the plants are almost exclusively crypts and are
growing well, if not madly. Lots of babies. The tank is so stuffed that the
fish are forced to slalom through the tank. The hygro is struggling due to
lack of light.

In the 30-gallon tank, the plants grow as long as I stay on top of the green
water. The melon swords have recently put out a couple of leaves as big as my
hand. The E. quadristaticus in front are sending out new leaves and runners.
The brazilian pennywort has to be trimmed every week.