Re: CF comparisons

Ivo, THANKS! for making me feel a lot better. The CS Brites are awesome
lights.

>AFAIK, the All Glass fixtures have a flat aluminum reflector and the
bulbs are held almost touching the reflector. Bad in terms of optical
efficiency. The CS Brites on the contrary seem to have a better designed
refelector, so they should be more efficient than AG's, and by a
significant margin. Also, the CS Brites seem to be all-aluminum
construction, which should help in cooling, so you should get longer
bulb life from them. The ABS strip lites made by the aquarium companies
usually suck in that department, they enclose the bulbs so tightly that
they operate at a warmer temperature they are designed for. I don't
think you screw up, you just got a better product.<

Kyle
TN US