Re: subdued lite plants and CO2 injection

Dear Listers

A brief inquiry regarding the needs of the Javas; fern
and moss, for CO2,
went unanswered. I have a container for subdued plants
with my best guess
"subdued light" level. Do I need to add a CO2 FIY
injector for optimum
growth? (Second request for information). Thanks,

Paul

Paul,
According to the research article in the most recent
issue of Planted Aquaria magazine CO2 supplementation
benefits even plants grown in low light conditions.
The study looked at the influence of light and CO2 on
plant growth.  Of course they found high light levels
required CO2 injection for good plant growth, but they
also found plants in low light levels benefited from
CO2 injection.

Lobos