Re: Sugar Free Jello

Matt:

Yeast makes CO2 by metabolizing sugar (think grape juice for wine, malt for
beer (hmm . . . maybe I should get into homebrewing and get beer to drink
even as I make CO2 for the plants!)).  Yeast can successfully metabolize
even highly complex sugars like starchy cooked rice (my family made rice
wine when I was growing up!).  But I doubt the gelatin in sugar free jello
would support a yeast culture sufficient to produce CO2 in any appreciable
amounts.

Ming