RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #892

Beverly-
     I have had Anachris (Egaria Densa) in my tank for quite a while.
Though I've never had the condition that you are describing, I know that
these plants are serious CO2 hogs.  Also, these plants, from what I've
noticed, don't have a roots structure.  These plants might fare better in
your tank if you let them float on the top.  This would give them more
light.  You will notice when allowed to float on the top, they will send off
runners that will attempt to attach to something.  Another thing I've found
is that every once in a while, you will want to 'rotate' the plants.  What I
mean by this is that if you continually cut the ends off of a single plant,
the remainder will eventually start to fade, or so I've heard.  What I do is
about every 3 months or so, replace the original 'stalks' with the portions
that I have just clipped off.
     So in conclusion, don't worry about the roots.....I've never noticed
any on mine.  I would let them float, to give them more light.  Possibly
rotate the stock, and finally, possibly start dosing DIY CO2.

Hope this helps,
Ben