New subscriber

Hello everybody,

first of all, let me introduce myself, my name is Diego Barbosa and I
currently live in Port Chester, NY.

Fish tanks and plants have always been my two greatest passions in life, but
I enjoyed them separately for many years, keeping a freshwater fish tank and
growing bonsai trees (for about 20 years now), orchids etc. A couple of years
ago I learned about aquascaping and I loved the idea of putting my two
passions together in such a wonderful harmony. I started with a 20 gal.
hexagonal tank and considering that there wasn't any high-tech involved in
the project, the results were great (a little bit of "green thumb" and lots
of "beginner's good luck" I guess), and I was very pleased with my beautiful
planted tank.

I recently moved from Miami to NY and therefore I had to take my tank apart.
It broke my hart but also gave the opportunity to have a clean start and
learn how to do it "the right way." I started doing some research on the net,
learning from the work of many veterans in the hobby (like many of you) and
this mailing list has been a great source of knowledge. I want to thank you
all for having such a great community and for taking the time to help novices
like me, sharing your knowledge. I have been reading many of your postings
and I have visited the websites that many of you have put together. I have
very much enjoyed reading and viewing the pictures of your beautiful tanks,
it has truly been inspirational and motivating.

I apologize in advance for all the questions that I am sure I'll be posting
in the list, seeking for your advise. I promise to do my best to learn fast
in order to pass the "stupid beginer-questions" stage as soon as possible and
start contributing to the list with more valuable things.

I plan to put together a 55 gal planted tank within the next few months, so
I'll be following the list for information and from time to time you will be
hearing from me seeking advise.

Sincerely,

Diego