biogenic decalcification?

Hi. I posted a few days ago regarding my red melon sword with distorted
leaves. I measured my various water parameters today and found that my dKH
had dropped from a usual level of 4-5 down to 1 dKH. Could this be a case
of biogenic decalcification? My other plants include: cypts, duck weed,
azolla, glosso, rotala indica, bacopa carolinia, a red lotus and various
swords.  Should I simply to a water change and watch the KH closely or do
I need to dose with a carbonate source? Sodium bicarb or calcium
carbonate?
Thanks, Laurel