Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #889

Okay, Cause I used 2 cups of sugar, 1/4th tsp of fleischman's dry active
yeast, and adding 1.5ML of Kent FW, and my bottle's been going since
Feburary 23rd which makes it a total of 15 days I think. I also have it
heated in a bucket full of water at 78F, it seems like it's still going
pretty strong, and I've added 4x the dosage of kent previously to my fish
tank since my new diy solution, and the plants are growing like weeds,
hygro's and anachris are growing like mad, jungle val has actually spread
runners, my micro sword is starting to thickin, and java moss is finally
started to sprout new leaves, so now i add .1 ppm daily to the tank. Though
I'm not certain which causes the DIY to last longer, heat or the addition of
iron, it has definitly kept up a steady pace unlike all my solutions in the
past. Usually they would die at around 10-14 days maximum.What other recipes
have you heard that'll keep the batch lasting longer? I've heard of like
adding iron and other trace elements, and ammonia.

- Matt