will Java fern grow emersed, or maybe terrestrial?

I just pulled about a pound of java fern out of my overgrown 20 gallon
tank.  I put several big rhizomes with few leaves in my 10 gallon tank
to help fight the algae. I took the rest of it to the good LFS to trade
for store credit, and they told me someone else had just brought them
about 10 pounds of the stuff a few days before.

The other LFS only offered me $5 credit, and their fish tend to be
diseased anyway.

Now the fern is happily sitting in a bucket of nasty water under my HPS
grow lights. Will it grow in a pot of soil or orchid mix if the humidity
is high?  Thanks.

Regards,
Bob
--
"I have seen the future and it is just like the present, only longer."
 --Kehlog Albran