Re: New subscriber, presentation and Q. about algae"explosion" after adding MGSO4

Daniel <daniel.orloff at swipnet_se> wrote:

<snip>
NO3: aprox. 6.0 hard to get an exact reading from the Tetra test I use.The
colourchart jump from 0 to 12.5 mg/l in 1step.
<snip>

I understand you're having problems to get the PMDD ingredients. If you ever
get ahold of some potassium nitrate (KNO3), use it dissolved in distilled
water to make a standard NO3- solution. Then use this solution, not the color
chart, as reference for your testing. Save the vials of discarded Tetra kits
and use them to hold reference solutions of know concentration. By bracketing
the values you can get a much finer resolution from this test. Of course, you
spend more on test reagents and the kit will not last as long. But still
cost-effective IMHO.

- Ivo Busko
  Baltimore, MD