Re: gro-lux 8500

Yes, I have used them (well, one ;-) before. I was using only the 15w,
which is a T8 size as you would suspect. The larger sizes could be either
-- I got mine through mail order and thus never saw the other sizes.

It is a very "crisp" white with a fair amount of blue in it, but is is
still a full-spectrum type lamp (that is it doesn't have the grow bulb
look). It seems to work well when mixed with low-temp 2800 K or 3200 K
bulbs, and the 20g tank this tube is on is mixed with a 3200 K tube if I am
remembering right.

Not sure one the exact specs since I don't have the packaging any more, but
I can say it has about a 1-year life since it died on me and I will be
ordering a new one in the next day or two. If it has any useful info on the
packaging I can forward it to you if you like.

     -Bill