Re: regulator gauge-left hand thread

The tank pressure gauge is damaged. (3,000lb gauge, $10 part) I bought the
regulator from a beer making supply. The gauge is side mount 1/4" left hand
thread. I've looked for a replacement but nothing so far. I can't find a left
hand die either or I'd make a nipple and be done. PIA. The weird part, the
line pressure gauge (30lb) is right hand thread. Must be a "safety" issue,
not sure.
I'm looking for a second regulator for another bottle, I'll be more careful.
Thanks for the input.