Melon sword problem

Hi, all!

I'm a mostly lurker, occasional poster to this list. My little 10 gallon
planted tank is beginning to look pretty decent, thanks to the info I've
gleaned from all of you here.

In Jan., I set up a 55 US gallon tank, also planted. I've been thru the BGA,
gotten rid of it, been thru a run of brown algae of some sort, that's almost
gone. For the most part, everything is doing ok (I can even grow cabomba in
this tank, which I have never been able to do before!), with one exception.
I have a melon sword in this tank that is not doing very well. It seems
"limp." The stems don't seem able to support the leaves and they fall back
against the driftwood piece it is in front of. And it's not just because
it's up close to it- it is drooping. The leaves are also curled back at the
edges. I have 2 other swords in the tank and both seem to be ok.

The stats: 55 Us gallon tank, gravel substrate with laterite in bottom
third, 110W compact fluorescent lights, Penguin 170 filter

Fish: 4 tiger barbs, 4 otos, 1 molly, 2 yo-yo loaches, 1 serpae tetra, 1 C.
moorii (yeah, I know, but I had to get him out of the 90 gallon cichlid
tank- he was getting beaten to death).

pH 7.6, ammo 0, NO2 0, NO3 0, KH 5 deg.
Fertilized with small pieces of Jobes spikes about 3 weeks ago, PlantGro
liquid weekly and Flourish Excel every other day according to dosages on the
bottles (5ml of each).

Other plants: Jungle val, corkscrew val, bacopa, cabomba, hygro, Java fern,
Java moss, rotala, pygmy chain sword, various crypts, hornwort, other stuff
I don't know/don't remember.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
-Mak
http://www.thirtytwopaws.com/mak/
The fish are at: http://www.thirtytwopaws.com/fish

(Long hair) is considered bohemian, which may be why I grew it, but I keep
it long because I love the way it feels, part cloak, part mane, part fan,
part security blanket.
	Marge Pierry

18 Days till Spring!