Growing out Apono seeds

So,I came home from work tonight to find that one of my Aponogetons had
FINALLY dropped seeds onto the substrate,which then opened.....(Sp.
indeterminate...similar to Crispus,but darker green w/reddish
tinge....Crispus/Rigidifolia hybrid ??)
   So,my question is what method have others used successfully to grow these
seed out ?? This is not the first time I have had seed pods drop,but the
seedlings have not exactly "taken off".....any tips/suggestions ??
                                               TIA   James(Western Canada)

fortunejd at usa_net