Re: settiing up optimum 10 gallon

> Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 12:34:10 +0800
> From: "J. Hammond" <geohammo at iinet_net.au>
>
> While my larger tank is goign through a greenwater phase (im waiting for it
> to clear itself.. the algae will crash at some stage) I have got bored and
> got myself a little 10 gallon tank.  At the moment it is setup with 1
> aquaclear mini, DIY C02, 1x 15W warm white, 1X 15W Grolux tube.

[snip]
> I want to have really spectacular plant growth in this tank sometime in the
> future and was wandering is it worth getting  3 or 4x 20W compact
> flourescents (5000K) and installing them instead of the current light setup
> ? I think this would be the biggest single influencing factor on this tank.

If you can find 36W compact fluorescent lamps, they are about 16.5
inches long and work perfectly on a 10 gallon.  I think AHSupply.com
sells them here in the USA.  I don't know what is available in your
country (Oz?).  Maybe some kind of linear T5HO lamps about 500 cm long?

Best regards,
Bob
--
"I have seen the future and it is just like the present, only longer."
 --Kehlog Albran