Re: Brine Shrimp

In a message dated 2/26/01 3:53:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,

<< Subject: Brineshrimp

 This may be off topic. I recently met  a Japanese
 researcher who has developed a method to culture and
 raise live brineshrimp more rapidly. He has also
 developed a method to decapsulate eggs without using a
 chemical bath.

 If interested in this contact me offlist.

 Edward Venn
 Tokyo Japan

I am glad you asked this, because I have been learning about this on my own
and have some questions.  Does your method use bleach?  I read three parts
water to two parts bleach to take off the shells. I would also like to hear
from folks who raise brine shrimp on a regular basis.  Is there a way to keep
it manageable and tidy?  I would like to treat my fish to live brine shrimp,
but do not want an open upside-down milk jug on my kitchen counter
constantly.  I bought one of these black boxes where the shrimp are supposed
to swim up to the light through a tiny hole in the collection jar.  While
tidy, there is no means to put in an airstone, so the hatch rate was poor.
Has someone thought of a nice system?

Thanks,
Catherine