Re: Miller's FFF Musings

Robert wrote:

> Actually it depends on what type of cichlids. Many dwarfs are very peacefull
> and shy, and only get aggressive while spawning. I have what I call a

I agree that it depends on the type.   I was disagreeing with the blanket
statement that "dwarf cichlids make good community fish."   There are many
that would definitely not be considered such.

And even ones that are OK in a community tank (with fast swimmers like
tetras and pencil fish) might be a bad idea with more vulnerable fish
with large flowing fins.   If someone wasn't aware that "FFF" were
agressive, they might experience some real trouble.

--
Chuck Gadd