Nutrient question

Hi y'all,
So, this weekend I decided I was sick of looking at algae and that I would
begin the Sears-Conlin PMDD system on my two tanks. I got the trace element
mix, Kent Freshwater Plant, I got the Epsom Salts, the K2SO4 and even dry
KNO3. (They're not worried about pyromaniacs round here!). I looked on the
analysis of the Kent stuff and it has Fe, Mn, Co, Mb, Cu and Zn but not Mg or
B.
So, I can get the Mg I need from the Epsom salts. BUT what about the B? Well,
for reasons best known to my granny we have a box of Boric Acid BP (for
inflamed eyes, apply as a hot fomentation, avoid raw or weeping areas, sonny
boy).
Now I know it's probably not advisable to add this straight to the water (a
discourse on borate buffers and their effects anyone?) but, oh, wait a
minute, if I react this stuff with magnesium *metal* I'm gonna get magnesium
borate and hydrogen, right? So provided this magnesium borate isn't too basic
and is water soluble, I could add that and correct the B deficiency and the
Mg deficiency at the same time? kill 2 birds with 1 stone? and add extra
Epsom salts if the Mg is still deficient?
What do y'all think? Sound chemical reasoning, or am i going to fail my
inorganics exam on Monday?
Regards,
Matt.
PS I've set up that Jello-moderated CO2 generator, it's working even better
than the molasses- well done to whoever came up with that one.