Corkbark, plexiglass and silicone?

I am planning to put a cork background in a 150. My plan so far involves
"gluing" the cork bark to sheets of plexi that has a bend on end of it to
hook it under the gravel to anchor it. Will silicone work in this setting?
I could rough the plexiglass up with sandpaper if that would help. I've
read in the archives about people using silicone with cork and glass but
not plexiglass.  Any input would be welcome.

As a side note I just got my bale of cork from expanko and WOW 60 pounds is
a lot of cork!!!!

Thanks scott
theotherscotthudson at yahoo_com