Breather Bags was Shipping plants

>Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 16:13:50 -0500
>From: "Monolith Marine Monsters \(m3\)" <puffie at marine-monsters_com>
>Subject: RE: Shipping plants
<snip>
>However, I have heard that
>shipping plants with Breathing Bags and using a spray made by Kordon
(forgot
>which one) will improve their conditions big time.

Perhaps you or someone can supply more information on shipping plants in
breather bags.  These bags are supposed to exchange O2 & other gases only if
the bag is filled with water.  There is supposed to no be much of an
exchange if air is on both sides.  So unless you were sending plants in very
heavy bags of water I wonder how well this would work.  These bags do work
very nicely for transporting fish but it can make shipping costs much more
expensive because of the extra weight involved.

Gary Lange
gwlange at mindspring_com