Re: Bleaching anks

No kidding. The place I used to live had a nice _big_ vernal area out back
in the woods. Every Spring, like clockwork, a really oddball kind of
gooey/stringy surface algae would show up in the tank by the window. It was
very similar in texture and appearance to the gooey/stringy stuff you see in
stagnant areas of ponds.

It took a couple Spring seasons for it to dawn on me that it had nothing to
do with me, and everything to do with the natural workings of Mother Earth
and her "Great Plan".

Susan