Re: PC lighting at Home Depot

I didn't think the color on those Home Depot compacts was so bad.  Yellow,
yes, but the plants seem to love it.  After a couple weeks, my Rotala
wallichii (that was slowly plodding under poor-man's halides) is screaming
and has a 3" flower stalk out of the water.  My banana is sending up a leaf
that is as red as any I've seen from a banana.  And some wisteria in the
corner that was looking a bit punky is coming on hard.  I'm gonna go back
and get a couple more bulbs, at that price.  No ballast, just screw into
regular incandescent fixture.  Kevin