Survey: Wishlist

Hey everyone,

Ok, here's the deal: I'll be entering my senior year in July of this year
and I have to start thinking of my senior project NOW. I have to design and
build something electronic for my senior project. Since I'm taking
Electronics Engineering and I'm in the planted tank hobby, I decided to
incorporate both into my senior project. So here is the question-

If you could invent,design,create anything electronic in your aquarium, what
would you build?

Me and my partner have played w/ the idea of building a mini sub for the
aquarium. This sub would have a video camera built-in that would either hook
up to your TV or computer. This way you can get a "fish-eye view" of the
aquarium. We were also playing w/ the idea of installing a "night-vision"
aspect to the sub. This way one can station the sub somewhere and watch what
goes on in the dark inside the aquarium.

This sub will also have miniature extendable arms. We were playing w/ the
idea of having the user wear gloves that would control every movement of the
robotic arms. Whatever the robotic arms "feel" you would also be able to
"feel". Other aquatic tools can also be installed in this sub like scissors
for whenever the user would need to trim and also a tweezer to plant either
substrate fertilizers or plants. We also thought of installing "water
cannons" in the sub. This can be used for a variety of uses like shooing
away curious fish or moving mulm to where the filter can pick it up.

One problem that we ran into w/ this sub is our miniaturization capability.
Will we be able to make this sub small enough to be able to work in the
forest-like environment that most of our tanks have?? That's a fun problem
that we have to solve. I'm aware that our idea isn't very marketable since
it's just a toy that those of us who are high-tech junkies would like (Mr.
Booth? :D). Soooo... what are some of your ideas? Let your imagination run
wild!! Think of anything electronic that you would love to have in your
aquarium.

***Please e-mail me offlist with some of your ideas***

Don