ca defficiency in swords

hello all
recently my amazon sword, which has been rapidly growning ever
larger,seems to have developed a calcium defficiency.
the leaves are all crinkled and bent.  all of my stem
plants with "arial" roots and other water column feeders
seem unaffected.  So my question is what is the best way
to deliver Ca to the roots of my sword?  I was planning
on just shoving a piece of eggshell into the substrate
by its roots.  will this be effective? anyone?
regards
elie