PC lighting at Home Depot

Has anyone tried the PC lighting at Home Depot? It seems like an
inexpensive way to get 'power compact'  lighting over a small tank. Some of
the lights come with an adapter that screws into a standard incandescent
socket, apparently it has some kind of ballast built in with a very low
profile... I believe it may fit into an old hood that I have. I just paid
about $34 for ballasts, wiring, and bulbs (2 X 13W) from AHSupply, but I
could have done the same from Home Depot for about $18 (2 X 13W). You could
buy the adapter for incandescent to PC for $7, or with the bulb for $9.

Larry