pH of ~ 8 okay?

Hullo. I know that pH has been discussed quite a bit, but I was wondering if
a pH in the range of 7.8 to 8.2 is suitable in general or if certain plants
would prefer it. According to the local water department, that is the pH out
of the tap. The little color-comparison pH test kit I have only goes up to
7.4, and my reading from tank water seems to be above that. I don't
supplement with CO2 and don't plan to. Should I make efforts to adjust or
just not worry about it?

TIA,
Nathan Wittmaier
Holden, MO