cannister spray bars

I just got a new eheim professional 2224 and was wandering do you use a
spray bar and how ? along the top under the surface or down along the back ?

At the moment I the outlet goign straight into my c02 "mixer" (essentially a
gravel vac head where the co2 bubbles into the bottom and the inlet water
moves down and it all mixes and churn togetehr till the c02 dissolves).  But
I am getting no noticable flow with this.. I have another smaller little
internal filter which is rated at 200l/hr but it seems to fast for my tank.

Should I setup a spray bar type arrangement ? or keep it how it is with not
much current in the tank at all ?

Thanks
Jon Hammond
Perth, Western Australia