Profile and sand substrate

I am planning out the substrate for a new tank and I
am  considering using 2.5-3 inches of Profile and
silica sand mixed with a 1/2 inch layer of gravel over
the top.  I am adding the sand to fill in the gaps
between the Profile and to help keep stem plants in
place.  Does anyone forsee a problem with this design?
 Has anyone ever used this type of substrate design?
I know people have extensively used Profile.

Lobos