Heating cables

I got some replies off-list about my choice of heating cables. The
reason I am selecting the m3/Azoo system in favor of the Pet Warehouse/
Aquarium Landscapes model, is based on George Booth's findings
(at http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Tech/dupla-cables.html). He found
that high wattage cables make a difference, low wattage cables don't.

The Dupla cables he used for the high wattage setups deliver about
4.4 Watt/foot of cable length. His low wattage experiments used cables
delivering about 2.3 Watt/foot. The m3/Azoo 100 Watt cable produces
3.85 Watt/foot. The PW/AL 100 Watt cable on the other hand delivers only
2.1 Watt/foot. So the choice is clear.

- Ivo Busko
  Baltimore, MD