Rotala indica

Hi everyone,

I am resending the message I sent last night for it does not seem to have
gotten to the list.  I thought I changed the format to text.  I hope this
message does not show up twice.

I am somewhat puzzled about the growth habit of my Rotala indica.

I have three different bunches.  Two of them came from the same mail order
source at the same time as Rotala indica.  One of them came from LFS without
any ID.

All of them are in the same tank (75G with 220W PC) and they receive just
about the same amount of light (directly under the light and not shaded).
Yet one has deep magenta red colored tops, another one has beautiful pink
tops and yet another one has light green tops with a hint of pink.
Otherwise they are identical.  Narrow lanceolate leaves. They grow more
toward sideways than upright.

Are their colors supposed to be this variable?  I thought they grew pretty
upright.  At least the pictures I saw showed upright growth.  Is the sideway
spread due to a nutrient deficiency or is this their normal growing pattern?

Tomoko