Re: sinking/stinking riccia

Robert H:

I had this is a 65 gallon tank several months ago as part of an Amano like
aquascape I was playing with. Tried to use it as a ground cover. Had a 36" x
18" carpet of it about 1 1/2" thick. The problem, and this may be with any
thick ground cover, is that it turned into a crap trap, meaning it worked
like filter floss almost and held any organic debris at the top of it. Also,
it just didn't look attractive in large quantities to me. I originally
thought the slightly less attractive color was a small sacrifice for the
sinking quality, but when it was that thick it looked like a large choking
mass of algae. Failed experiment. Okay in small amounts. Ugly when it gets
thick.
Dave