RE: Black java ferns

> Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 16:13:37 -0600
> From: John_P_Bonin at eFunds_Com
> Subject: Black java ferns
>
> My java ferns are getting black spots on them.  The majority
> of the plant
> turn black and disintegrates.  There is no browning or
> yellowing, just from
> green to black.  At the risk of not getting into a lot of
> tank specifics,
> unless I really need to, is this a more or less common problem with a
> common solution?
> Thank you and have a great day!

Wouldn't it be cool if there really was a black Java Fern.  Or any other
color for that matter.

Oh, by the way, tank specifics are necessary here.  It definitly sounds like
a deficiency.  I'd have to dig in my books to figure out which one (and they
are not handy currently).  Any other plants in the tank doing the same
thing?

Mark P.