Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #809

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Chris Schmelzer wrote:

> > Bottle + Reg + powerhead/canister diffusion
> > - -------------------------------------------
> > PRO easy, works with existing hardware, no dump problem
> > CON even less efficient than diffusor

> I don't understand how the canister diffusion technique is LESS efficient
> than a diffusor... If you really think about it, it is actually MORE
> efficient and probably the same as a reactor (at least in my setup).. I
> bubble my CO2 (pressurized, regulator, needle valve, bubble counter, then
> into the intake of my Eheim) and I RARELY get a belch from my spray bar
> (submerged).

You're right, of course. I was thinking primarily "Powerhead" when I wrote
it (see the section title).  The powerhead is a little less efficient than
the diffuser; you can see the "ptuffff!" of bubbles ejected from the
outtake.  I tend to lump the powerhead and canister methods together under
the banner "pre-existing diffusor".  My bad.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com