Re: Equilibrium, Ca and Mg levels

>Guaranteed Analysis
>K (potassium): 18.9%; Mg (magnesium): 4.3%; Ca (calcium): 2.7%; Fe
>(iron): 0.47%; Mn (manganese): 0.08%
>
>      I asked Seachem about this, and was only told that  "the extra Mg is
>thrown in because magnesium is more important for photosythesis."  I
>wonder just how high the

While this is still true, for a number of different reasons we have
recently reformulated Equilibrium. The calcium and magnesium ratios
have been reversed so that there is now more calcium delivered than
magnesium (2:1 on an equivalent basis, 3:1 on a weight basis). The
new GA is:

K (potassium): 19.5%; Ca (calcium): 8.06%; Mg (magnesium): 2.41%; Fe
(iron): 0.11%; Mn (manganese): 0.06%

The new material _should_ no longer harden and turn reddish over time
as well. The previous formulation is still perfectly fine even if
hardened... it just takes some effort to get out of the container ;-).

For the time being, new material will still be getting labels with
the previous GA. At the risk of killing sales of the older material I
will just go ahead and answer the inevtiable question I will get ;-)
... you should be able to tell the difference between old and new
just by looking at it, the new material is lighter in color. But
please buy the old stuff... if the old stuff doesn't move, then the
dealers won't bring in any more. Maybe if I can get y'all to to buy
and get your friends to buy Equilibrium we can print up the new
labels ;-) ;-) Right now we just have too many of the old label stock
to justify tossing it in the trash right now.

-Greg Morin
--

Gregory Morin, Ph.D.  ~~~~~~~Research Director~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seachem Laboratories, Inc.      www.seachem.com     888-SEACHEM