Re: CO2 Reactor Choices

The other Dave G wrote: <selective sniping>

> I was thinking of trying an inside or outside tank type reactor to
> see if this was more efficient. I chose canister injection primarily
> to lessen visible equipment inside the tank. I know CO2 is cheap, but
> would like to try a more efficient method. Any recommendations for
> off the shelf reactors would be appreciated. In-tank or external is
> fine. I am going to stay away from DIY at this time.

Dave,

A well designed reactor is the most efficient way of getting CO2 into
solution that I know of. If I were to purchase one, there's only two
that I would consider. For "in" tank, it would be Tom Barr's. It's all
clear acrylic and has a couple of features you won't find elsewhere. Our
boy Dwight was/is selling them (couldn't find it on his web page). For
"external" use, the only one I know of is made by Hydrologix. Bob
Buettner has been using one since Nov., and seems to be pleased with it
(I'm sure he'll chime in). Below is a link to Bob's product review page,
and a link to the Hydrologix web page.
http://www.cshore.com/luna/Fishpics/Misc.html
http://www.hydrologix.com/

Keeping in mind that you stated, you wanted to keep the inside of the
tank as devoid of equipment as possible, and that you didn't want to DIY
at this time, you might change your mind when you see the price of the
Hydrologix. I've built 2 external reactors out of 4" pvc, one for a 125,