Re: What critters eat green spot algae?

>A quick question, what eats green spot algae?  Snails? Some fish I >don't
>know
>about?  My tank is growing a lot of it and I am getting tired of >scraping
>the
>glass.

>Thanks,
>Catherine

I have found Caridina japonica to eat green spot algae. I'm not sure how
effective they are since the decrease of that algea sort in my tank could
also be related to a recent change of fertilizer. I have seen my japonicas
sitting on leaves and carefully remove all green spots but sometimes they
are a bit to fast so they miss a lot of the spots. I don't think they would
climb along the glass but they could do a good job on the plants if you have
them in large numbers.
Best regards, Oskar