re: missing fish in planted tank

> i am sure this will sound like a dumb question to most of you - however, one
> of my fish has dissapeared in my 95 gallon (now heavily) planted tank. i
> can't seem to find her anywhere within all the growth without ripping up
> every plant. yes, she is probably dead, but what about the rotting corpse?

A hundred years ago they used to fire a cannon over the water to make
the
body come to the surface.  It works too, if you fire the cannon enough
times.

The body may come to the top when it decomposes.  If you have other
fish, they may eat it.  Unless it is a REALLY BIG fish, I doubt if it
will
have much impact on water quality in your 95 gallon tank.

Thanks,
Rod