pH Monitor

Ok, just purchased a used pH monitor.  I have no idea how old the probe is, so I
won't be surprised or dissapointed if I need to replace it.  I'm going to get
some calibration fluids this week.   Right now, I've got the probe in my
sump tank, and the meter reading seems to be jumping thru a range of values
from 6.6 to 6.8.   I know that the values aren't really usable until I
calibrate, but is the jumping values a sign that the probe is toast?  I
did notice that today when doing a water change, the probe reading climbed, as
I'd expect since I add new water into the sump.     And by tonight, the values
were back down to the 6.6-6.8 range, so it seems to be functioning somewhat.

What calibration fluids do I need?  I see that they sell a 4, 7, and 10.  Also,
do I need to be concerned about adding grounding probe?  I seem to recall someone
mentioning that stray voltage from pumps and/or light ballasts could effect the
reading.

And if I do need to replace the probe, any recommendations on where to find
the best price?

--
Chuck Gadd