RE: light bulbs and tannins

I have 2 20 watt screw-in fluorescent bulbs over my 10 gallon planted tank.
I have always assumed that I am not getting a full 40 watts of light on the
tank, but they do a pretty good job of growing plants even so, and has been
stated by someone else, seem to be a reasonable alternative for a small tank
that won't cost a lot of money. I don't notice that the color is
unattractive, but that is a very subjective thing. They fit into a standard
hood, too. I'd say try them- if you don't like them on the tank, you can
always use them in table lamp.

(BTW, you can see this tank at: http://www.thirtytwopaws.com/fish/)

-Mak

Some people like snow. I find it an unnecessary freezing of water.
              -Carl Reiner
59 Days till Spring!